How am I supposed to know it was in that drawer?May 27, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Posted in Daily Life | 11 Comments
Tags: annoying habits, Marital rifts, relationships
I have my Blackberry back, phew – mainly because it has a dictaphone and I can record ideas as they come, before my baby brain erases them from my memory permanently.
I was thinking the other day about the trivial things husbands and wives niggle each other about so I thought I’d post about it, as I’m sure others will be able to relate to this.
Husband annoys wife
– The dirty work shirt only makes it to the bottom step of the stairs, never to the laundry basket and despite leaving it there for a while to see what occurs, wife transfers it to next white wash.
– Wife cooks, husband clears table and stacks dishwasher but always, without fail leaves condiments on table, which would stay there forever more unless wife returned them to cupboard.
– Husband makes packed lunch for work and ‘tidies up’ leaving knife, lettuce fragments and splodge of butter on work top.
– Husband fails to send favourite niece birthday card despite numerous reminders and gives quick snuggling grovel before work for you to go and do the honours.
– Husband uses last of milk for ridiculously big bowl of cereal leaving nothing for much needed first morning mug of tea.
– Husband rants at lack of clean work clothes, and should definitely know by now where the washing machine is – and that he left shirt at bottom of stairs.
– Husband asks if there is anything he can do to help, just as you’re serving the dinner you’ve slaved away over for the past hour – alongside putting a wash on (his work shirts), setting the table, and getting school bags ready for the next day.
– Husband comes home in sulky mood, stromps around giving no indication as to why, but generally it’s your fault.
And being honest, wife annoys husband
– Wife has a de-cluttering session and re-homes the iron and ironing board in new more logical, however hard to find location.
– Wife tries to fix oven and blows it up resulting in expensive call out fee.
– Wife suffers morning of extensive baby brains and puts petrol in the diesel costing £170.
– Wife is still losing hair post babies and leaves it in the plug.
– Wife fake tans and usually smells a little of sugar puffs.
– Wife arranges meal out with friends on night when husband isn’t due home till 8pm and has to be up for work at 3am.
– Wife tweets about major milestone – the bear claps hands for first time and husband hears about it after 645 other people.
– Wife comes home in sulky mood, stromps around giving no indication as to why, but generally it’s their fault.
So what annoys you about your other half, and vice versa, do tell, it’s therapy!
11 Comments »
- How to make milk bottle elephants
- New friend text etiquette: A beginners guide
- Changing nursery, the hardest decision I've ever made
- Tesco Grocery Freshness Challenge
- Review: Stokke Tripp Trapp highchair & newborn set
- Review: Tesco Loves Baby Nappies & Wipes
- A letter to my husband's boss
- A trip to Tommy's baby hospital
- Thanks for the memory Sherlock - I now have a mind palace
- Review: The O Heated Rollers by Cloud Nine
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Take part, you might find yourself