Maybe I should have been a fashion designer…August 25, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Posted in Daily Life | 5 Comments
Tags: Fashion, I want to be..., Ugly Betty, Vogue
Anyway, after watching The September Issue last night about Anna Wintour and the biggest issue of Vogue, I decided I should have indeed been a major part of the fashion world. Is that what happens when you hit your thirties; you talk about what you could or should have been? Oh no.
Anyway, this new revelation has come about for several earth moving and deeply qualifying reasons.
– I really do like fashion. A lot.
– I can shop on a budget (Primark) and pull together a decent enough outfit.
– If I suggest I want something not readily available on the high street (snow boots when it snowed for example), they then suddenly come back into fashion. I also did this with dungarees, snoods and leg warmers.
– I think I’d have a knack for accessorising.
– I’d be really good at being driven around and stopping at Starbucks on the way (must try and like coffee).
Ugly Betty courtesy of boston.com
– I’d be like the new Ugly Betty; people would scoff at first, but then they’d like me, and gradually take me seriously.
– I wouldn’t mind accepting free clothes. At all.
– I also feel I’d be quite good on a sewing machine and could whip up a pretty cool catwalk-worthy ensemble with some fabric from the local haberdashery, a few ribbons and some thread.
So there you have it. Any fashionista types out there want to help me with my first step on the ladder do let me know if my calling is finally coming.