What would you do with an extra hour in the day…November 16, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Posted in Daily Life | 1 Comment
Tags: free time, me time, old friends, phone call, spare hour, Spare time
What would you do if you had a whole extra hour in the day?!
I thought this would be an easy question to answer, but I can’t quite make up my mind so far.
Here’s the short list…
– Have a bath….with bubbles.
– Paint my toe nails a ridiculously pretty and girly colour
– Do the washing up Don’t be so silly
– Stay in bed an hour later in the morning and press snooze on the alarm. A lot.
– Read a magazine – one with pages of gorgeous clothes that I will lust after and tsk at the £259 price tags.
– Watch an hour of TV without the laptop on my knee. Maybe CSI, maybe something funny like Ask Rhod Gilbert. Have developed a soft spot for Loyd.
– Read all the tweets marked as favourites. And curse missed opportunities.
– Pack bear’s nursery bag hopefully husband will do it
– Write some Christmas cards choosing between the ones left over from last year, the ones I just bought, and the ones I forgot I bought a few weeks ago, and the ones bear did at nursery.
– Phone an old friend. Phone. An. Old. Friend.
Do you know what, tomorrow evening (because it’s getting late) I’m going to phone a friend I haven’t spoken to in too long. My sister-in-law – I’ve been neglecting her lately. The days just disappear. Last time she called I was cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen and unpacking shopping. I half listened as she spoke, taking in every few words. Tut at me – I don’t want to be retired as SIL – she used to call me bestie…
What would you do with an extra hour in the day? What should you really make time for that you don’t?