Cybher Meet & Greet: Who am I, really?March 23, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Posted in Daily Life | 9 Comments
Tags: Baby Genie. Publicity Oxford, blogging, Cybher, meet and greet
So, following the craziness of the past two years of mum blogger networking at CyberMummy, I couldn’t be more excited to be spreading my wings a little further and getting to know the world of women online – more walks of life, more personalities – food, fashion, crafting, parenting, travel, the lot. Cybher promises to be inspiring, motivating, moving and truly eye-opening for women who use the internet to communicate, educate, network and do business.
I’ll be the gal sporting the Tatty Devine Baby Genie necklace (thank you to Huggies), so if I catch you staring at my neck I’ll let you off.
So, here’s a bit about me.
Name: Catherine Warrilow
Blog: Right here – http://www.babygenie.co.uk (or if you’re looking for a PR agency my day job blog is at http://www.publicityoxford.wordpress.com and we specialise in toy, nursery, leisure and lifestyle as well as being pretty damn hot on social media).
Height: In case you can’t find me; 5ft 1 and an all important half. I’m probably obscured by a plant pot.
Notable achievements: I was a crowdsourced speaker at CyberMummy 2011 and read a post about the OCD tendencies parenting seems to bring on.
I was also a top ten winner of the Loved By Parents Blog of the Year 2011.
I’ve been on the cover of Tesco Magazine and been featured in She, The Daily Mail and a number of other women’s magazines, regional press and took part in a reality TV show called Chick Fix where I discovered a much happier me. I have also blogged for Boden and Style Nest.
Up until very recently when we finally managed to potty train our son (affectionately known as bear), I was a Huggies Mum. I am currently an ambassador for Lego Duplo.
Hair Colour: Very, very red. Sometimes sleek, sometimes a total mess. I need a re-style.
Who’s at home: Me, my devoted, tolerant but slightly forgetful husband, and our beautiful son who is three going on astrophysicist.
Five things you should know about me…
1. I have a weakness for eighties soft rock – think Mr Big, White Snake, The Scorpions.
2. I’ve been blogging since early 2009 and I never dreamed of what lay in store – 100% of it good, life changing and hilarious.
3. Getting a cleaner saved me from myself and an obsession for hoovering (refer back to ‘I was saved by a raisin’).
4. Last Friday night I, and my dinner guests stayed up until 6.30am watching music videos, singing, dancing and playing silly card games. Our three-year old woke up 20 minutes after I went to bed, but I was relived to know that I see had it in me to go the distance*
5. I love my job running a PR agency but boy is it demanding. I do sometimes dream of a tiny tea shop by the sea.
So that’s a rambling account of me and my life – the short, red-headed one wearing the blinged- up Baby Genie necklace – make sure to look in small spaces for me and introduce yourself – I like new people – good things happen when you talk to someone for the first time.
Oh, and of course there will be a video account of the day’s proceedings using small toys to re-enact events. If you missed the last one, here is CyberMummy 2011 in all it’s glory, there’s a part 2 as well – guest starring Sarah Brown (who I should add was delighted to be a red transformer rather than Lau Lau, which I purchased at her request from a car boot sale).
Looking forward to meeting you all.
* My husband generously sent me back to bed until 11am as he retired at the earlier hour of 4am.