What 10 little things make you happy?January 24, 2013 at 10:38 am | Posted in Daily Life | 3 Comments
Tags: new year resolutions, Small things that make us happy
Recently in the press there’s been a story about the small things that make us happy.
I’m not making resolutions this year, so maybe I’ll just make sure I appreciate the small things that make me smile instead.
These are mine, have a go.
1. Finding that my cup of tea is still hot when I come to drink it.
2. Finding a Joules body warmer in a charity shop for a fiver.
3. Helping another mum with her buggy down the stairs and making a new friend.
4. Getting a 54 pack of nappies for the price of a 20 pack from Ocado home delivery because the 20 pack was out of stock.
5. Double yolkers.
6. Being told that no extra work needs doing on your car at my MOT.
7. Tracking down the episode of my favourite program on Sky+ having missed it and not recorded it.
8. Bumping into old friends and going for an impromptu dinner.
9. Finding an emergency loaf in the freezer at breakfast time.
10. Getting double what you expected for an old coat on eBay.
And one extra one to explain the photo – finding that the 4.5 year age gap between our two boys is totally irrelevant….
So, what would your be?