Tags: competition, iPad radiation, Pong iPad mini case, protect from wifi radiation
It’s hard to tear my four year old away from the iPad sometimes; especially when it’s time to come to the table for breakfast and he’s watching Tom and Jerry.
We know very little about the harm of things like wi-fi raditation and because it’s not a tangiable threat, we bury our heads in the sand a little.
The new case for the iPad mini®, Pong® reduces this risk by up to 82% and cellular radiation by up to 91% by diffusing harmful emissions away from the body. Both may mean very little to you and I, but I expect in years to come it will become a weightier issue as we start to learn more about it.
It also has a wealth of other functions including the fact that it extends battery life and enhances wifi reception.
- Enhances Wi-Fi reception by up to 2.2X and Wi-Fi range by up to 1.5X.
- Boosts 4G signal strength by up to 13.2X compared to any other case.
- Plush NanoLiner interior cushions your iPad Mini® and durable leather look and feel cover contains automatic sleep/wake technology.
- Accelerates upload speeds by up to 5X compared to any other case.
Now is your chance to win one of these cases which retail at £84.
Simply leave a comment letting me know what your children most like to use your iPad mini for. A winner will be picked at random on Tuesday 21st July and notified via the comments section and directly.
The boring small print.
– No cash alternative is available.
– Judges decision is final and will be selected using random.org
– Winner will be emailed directly.
– A new winner will be selected if the first winner cannot be contacted after three days.
– A postal address for your prize must be supplied.
Tags: competition, Confused.com, Nectar Points, Pinterest, Sainsbury's
So, if you fancy dreaming of summer houses, sunny holidays, pampering spa days and meals out, then create a board and tag your pictures with #pinforpoints and you could win. You just have to upload a minimum of 20 images.
You can read the full Confused.com competition terms here. Have a look at the Confused.com Pinterest boards for ideas and you can see my entry here and below too. One of the things we really want to do in the next few years is take the boys to Japan – Expedia is one of Nectars partners so we’d definitely be booking a trip with them!
Not sure what you can spend Nectar points on? You can find out on the Nectar website so visit the page for more ideas.
Tags: Baby Show Tickets, competition, The Baby Show, Tommee Tippee
The Baby Show is back and offering a shopping haven for new parents and parents-to-be at the NEC Birmingham from 18th-20th May 2012. Forget the hassle of the high street, The Baby Show takes out the stress and confusion of shopping for your baby by offering the UK’s biggest baby brands all under one roof, so you can compare and try products before you buy! The UK’s leading parenting experts will also be on hand to offer advice on sleep, breastfeeding and first aid. Don’t miss this brilliant day out! For more information visit www.thebabyshow.co.uk.
tommee tippee® – the UK’s Number One baby essentials feeding brand (source: IRI data Dec 2011) will be at The Baby Show (stand D40) and will be providing all the very best advice and facilities such as a private breastfeeding area to make your day as easy as possible.
I am offering you the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show and a baby essentials set from tommee tippee, worth £396 at RRP as well as three pairs of tickets for runners up. The winners set includes:
1) closer to nature® Digital Video Monitor with Movement Sensor Pad (£199.99)
2) closer to nature Complete Starter Kit (£99.99),
3) closer to nature Digital Ear Thermometer (£34.99),
4) closer to nature Healthcare Kit £15.49
5) closer to nature Single Bottle Travel Steriliser £10.49
6) explora® weaning kit £12.99
7) explora first sips £3.99, cup £3.99 and beaker £3.99
8) explora roll & go™ bib £4.99
9) Sangenic® wrap & go™ dispenser & refill £4.99
To win one of these fantastic prizes, simply enter by leaving a comment below saying why you want to go to The Baby Show next weekend.
One winner and three runners up to be picked at random using random.org. Decision is final. There is no cash alternative. Prizes cannot be substituted. Winner will be drawn on Monday 14th May 2012.
Tags: Argos, baby bouncer, baby gear, competitions, nursery furniture, play gym, prizes, win
Right you lucky lot, courtesy of Argos I have some great goodies for you to get your hands on! Simply follow the terms and conditions below to enter!
Bright Starts PlayPlace Baby Gym worth £54.99
- 4 ways to play: newborn discovery, tummy time play, sitting up play, and crawling.
- Plush Bee toy plays over 20 engaging tunes, large baby-safe mirror and 5 other engaging toys to delight baby and inspire fun.
- 8 toy loops for adjusting toy proximity to baby.
Bright Starts Fun on Safari Portable Baby Swing worth £54.99
- Suitable for babies up to 11kg.
- Volume control.
- Toy bar.
- 6 swing speeds swing.
- Multi position seat.
- Support strap.
- Non-slip feet.
Terms and Conditions:
* To enter leave a comment saying if Argos could ‘find it. get it’ for anything in the world, what would it be? I’d say a hammock to swing under a tree in the garden with the 30 degree weather forecast this weekend!
* For brownie points tweet this ‘I want to win Argos goodies at Baby Genie (link to be added)
* Delivery will be within 28 days of Argos receiving the winner’s address, and the competition prizes may vary at the discretion of Argos
* Two winners will be selected using random.org and will receive one prize each.
* The prizes as described will be supplied direct from Argos, and there is no cash alternative.
* Winners will be drawn and announced on 14th July 2011.
I stick to the bloggers with integrity code – I have received a £40 gift voucher in return for running this competition.
Tags: Book giveaway, children's books, competition, Kali Stileman, Peely Wally, prizes
Right you lucky lot, time for prizes! No crazy rules where you have to tweet, like a Facebook page, answer a difficult question or stand on your head.
Simply leave me a comment stating what your perfect egg (of any random, crazy, hard-boiled or chocolate variety) would be and you could win one of three copies of Peely Wally.
This is the debut book from Kali Stileman. It’s available on Amazon and follows the journey of Peely Wally and her egg. It’s a simple story great for wind-down bedtime reading and is beautifully illustrated. A dotted line leads you through the story – meet brightly coloured animals as the egg takes a tumble.
So get entering!
Oh, and the small print – no cash alternative, enter before the Royal Wedding, as many entries each as you like (one comment equals one entry), winners will be picked at random, judge will not accept bribery (mostly).
COMPETITION CLOSED Win a month’s supply of Fairy Non Bio & Fairy Fabric Softener + £50 Mothercare vouchersNovember 19, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Posted in competitions | 34 Comments
Tags: competitions, Fairy, Fairy Non Bio, washing liquids
It’s competition time!
To enter, simply leave a comment with your blog URL and tweet this competition including my @baby_genie Twitter ID.
Fairy are delighted to announce that Fairy Non Bio has won Gold in the Best Baby Friendly Detergent category and Fairy Fabric Softener has also won Silver in the Best Baby Friendly Fabric Conditioner category at the Practical Parenting Awards 2010.
To celebrate, Fairy would like to offer a month’s supply of Fairy Non Bio and Fairy Fabric Softener as well as £50 worth of Mothercare vouchers to one lucky reader, along with a month’s supply of Fairy Non Bio and Fairy Fabric Softener for one runner up as well. Caring for your baby’s clothes by washing them with Fairy leaves you assured that they will be soft and gentle next to your baby’s delicate skin.
For more information on Fairy, visit www.softeningyourworld.com
T’s and C’s
- This free prize draw is open to all residents in the UK over 18 years, excluding employees of Procter & Gamble UK, any affiliates or agents and the families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
- All entries received by 28th Novembr 2010 will be entered into a Free Prize Draw, the first entry randomly selected by an independent person will win two bottles of Fairy Non Bio (18-wash size) two bottles of Fairy Fabric Softener (750ml variant) and one £50 Mothercare Voucher. The second entry randomly selected will win one bottle of Fairy Non Bio (18-wash size) and one bottle of Fairy Fabric Softener (750ml variant).
- In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within seven working days of such notification, the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Please allow 28 days for delivery of prize.
Good luck get entering!
p.s. I can honestly say without being bribed, paid, gifted up or otherwise that we are Fairy fans and they even get dirty white baby vests pretty damn clean.
Tags: competition, Personalised laundry bag, Spottiswoode Trading
So if like me you’re at home toastie warm rather than standing in a boggy field ‘oooohing’ at fireworks, then you can enter this fab competition!
Encourage the picking up of those dirty socks off the floor and put them in one of these brightly coloured bags with contrasting drawstrings. Available in deep pink, mauve, pale green, pale pink and blue from Spottiswoode Trading.
All you have to do for a chance to win is RT the competition, leave a comment and follow this blog via NetworkedBlogs.
Simple! Good luck! And I’m looking forward to finding some new blogs to follow in the process.
Tags: competition, Earls Court, The Baby Show
The Baby Show at Earls Court is coming up on October 22nd – 24th 2010 and we have five pairs of tickets to give away!
Simply email me with the answer to the following question and the first five entries will win!
Which ridiculous feat did I attempt whilst seven months pregnant?
A. Manicuring my own toes
B. Squeezing through my bathroom window
C. Building a garden shed
Featuring fantastic parenting advice, great entertainment and an unrivalled shopping experience, it promises to be the ultimate day out for new parents, parents-to-be and little ones alike.
Take my advice, take a suitcase (preferably with wheels) for all the great goodies you’ll want to buy, and the freebies on offer.
Annabel Karmel and Clare Byam-Cook will be on hand to offer nutrition and breast feeding advice, plus parenting expert Dr Miriam Stoppard OBE will be at the show.
For more information visit The Baby Show website.
Tags: competition, Tippitoes Boost Trike
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
CONGRATULATIONS TO WINNER BARBARA!
The lovely people at Tippitoes have one amazing Boost Trike to give away!
Just email me with the answer to this question and the winner will be picked at random this time next week.
A trike is….
A. The latest dance craze
B. A bike
C. A spiky fish
The new Boost Trike is perfect for all those tiny travellers on the move. For younger riders the trike comes with an adjustable push bar, foot rest and baby surround. Once the children can pedal for themselves these can be retracted or removed for a more independent travel. The trike also features a safety brake plus a cushioned seat and rear basket.
It is designed for children from 18 months (not sure bear could quite master it yet, but soon!), up to three years.