How to make milk bottle elephantsApril 19, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Posted in Daily Life, Make & Do | 16 Comments
Tags: arts and crafts, Milk bottle elephants
When we looked around bear’s prospective primary school, I oooohed over an art project they had on display. I thought they were such a clever idea that we recreated them when the nieces and nephews came to visit a few weeks ago.
What you will need:
- 2 pint milk bottle
- Watered down PVA glue
- Coloured tissue paper
- Sequins, gems, stickers, stick on eyes and ribbon
Here’s how to make them.
1. Cut the top from a 2 pint plastic milk bottle, using the handle as the trunk.
2. Cut arches on all four sides to make the legs.
3. Rip the coloured tissue paper into strips.
4. Use watered down PVA glue to cover the milk bottle with tissue paper. Leave to dry.
Now the fun part!
5. Decorate your elephants with stickers, gems and other goodies.
6. If you want to make the headdress shape cut a piece of card as follows:
6. Add a length of ribbon around the neck of the lid to finish.